As a small business, there are so many areas that you have to keep track of; Social Media is THE key component of not only growing your business but showing that you are someone people want to work with or have something other people want. A good social media strategy will establish you, on the other hand, a bad social media strategy can destroy you. A social media manager is someone whom will monitor, contribute to, filter, measure and otherwise guide your social media presence.
Skills your Social Media Manager should have:
2. Understand your brand voice and be able to mimic it when writing content for your posts – This takes time and research on the part of your Social Media Manager.
3. Have a handle on professional interaction with customers on social media – we have all seen Social Media Management go terribly wrong. Your voice and quality of service should come through in how they interact with your customers.
4. Understand how SEO works and how best to utilize it in your social media posts and how hashtag strategy is essential to SEO – As much as some of us want to ignore that hashtags are an important part of SEO, we really can’t any longer. There are a few things to keep in mind about them:
- Hashtag research is becoming the more popular way to search for keywords. Creating your own hashtag for brand awareness is more important than ever.
- Hashtags add to your social links and increase your interaction and conversions. They increase your views on your posts and help you stand out in the crowd.
5. Understand the need for boosting and paying for ads and how they affect your social media interaction.
When searching for a Social Media Manager they really do need to understand the world moves fast and they need to keep up with it. When bringing on a new customer they should spend time with you getting to know you, your brand and work with you to assemble an amazing strategy to grow your social media following to establish your brand as one to watch and work with.
The team here at The Minion Queen has over 15 years of experience in Social Media Strategy and Management. Let us help you establish yourself as a recognizable force in your industry!