Most business owners agree that owning a business creates it’s own special kind of chaos! We never seem to have enough hours in the day to get things done! There are days that is seems impossible to even get your business started let alone all that is involved to run it day to day. I am here to tell you right now I am living proof that you can start where you are now and become the successful business owner that is currently hiding behind that pint of ice cream, trying to drown their sorrows. We all have some missteps and some big disasters, but we all come out on the other side and can laugh at it later, I promise.
Favorite thing ever? Local networking groups, the only one in my area that seems to actually be helpful is Rising Tide Society Tuesdays together. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my local group. They are awesome, so helpful, and remind me I am not alone. And no, I am not a creative person, so while I wasn’t sure I would fit in, but I do and so will you! Something we talked about at our last meeting is how we provide that little extra value to our clients. This is VERY solid strategy in building your business. Some send thank you cards or a gift. Someone else mentioned using the basis of the 5 love languages to see what works best for your clients. After all some want gifts, other just acknowledgement or even something extra given in the form of your own services.
Here are a few ideas that you can do via just using email:
A successful business email strategy begins with action items!
Be consistency as well as focused.
- Send a thank-you email for a relevant item to cross sell or up sell.
- Send mail immediately after first contact
- Send a reminder message if a client isn’t active for 30 days.
- Send intermittent, not sales messages to your clients, remind them you are there.
- Send occasional and targeted deal oriented messages to buyers in light of past buys.
- Don’t forget to send something to people that never ended up purchasing from you. You never know they might come on over to your side!
Your business email strategy will work effectively if you are consistent and focused. Hope this gives you a starting point to offer some great value to your clients new and old!